Meet our Kindergarten Teacher!
Meet Ms. Christina!
Kindergarten Lead Teacher
Private Kindergarten At Montessori Reggio Academy
Here at Montessori Reggio Academy, your child’s success is our top priority. Our professional and dedicated Montessori teachers work endlessly with our students to get them where they need to be both in the classroom and in this world. Students are self-paced & self-led while being guided by our highly trained Montessori Reggio Academy teachers to help them achieve their goals. Each classroom has students of various ages which aids in independence, growth, & maturity. We encourage our students to ask questions, speak their mind, & let it wander freely to help them later on be confident in their abilities.
In the Classroom:
Our students work both individually & in small groups while they are learning. Students are self-paced & self-led while being guided by our highly trained Montessori-Certified teachers. Our Montessori environment consists of a clean space, natural lighting, & subdued colors helping our students have a clear mind when they are working.
The Reggio Emilia approach is an educational philosophy focused on preschool and primary education. Children are believed to be “knowledge bearers,” so they are encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas about their learnings to their teachers and peers. Our students have monthly Reggio themes that follow our curriculum. They do various Reggio projects that help them better understand what they are learning.
Kindergarten is an exciting time when fine motor skills are developed and students gain a heightened sense of comprehension and responsibility. Students advance their listening, speaking, and social skills and we hone in to focus on skills necessary for core areas. Our curriculum is designed with your child’s success in mind and aims to accomplish all milestones.
What makes Montessori Reggio Academy the premier private school in Sugar Land?
Launched from our award-winning preschool, the Elementary Campus of Montessori Reggio Academy supports future success and a love of learning through all of the following:
- Small classes that lead to personal attention, unrivaled safety and health standards, and student-teacher ratios that support individual learning
- A curriculum based on academic and personal success, not politics
- The ability for students to progress at their own pace, yet be carefully monitored and track to ensure growth and success
- Multi-age classrooms so peers learn from one another
- Mandarin and Spanish instruction
- Family values and respect for the family unit
- Reggio principles and specialized project room
- Huge outdoor play and discovery area, with Sports programs and an on-site PE Coach to ensure plenty of fresh air and exercise
- IXL technology program